Userpic

leo4378
Traveller
1 comments

Posted 15 years ago

Hi,

I'm planning a interrail trip from Paris to Palermo and have two weeks to get there (I've got flights booked London-Paris and Palermo-London).

Does this sound a reasonable route, or is is too much for two weeks? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Paris > Lyon > Nice > Torino > Milano > Firenze > Roma > Napoli > Palermo

Follow this topic
Userpic

admin
Traveller
203 comments

replied 15 years ago

Hi there,

Looks a little bit tight for two weeks, though, if you make brief visits to some of your planned destinations you'll be okay. Paris and Lyon are good. Lyon is less interesting so you might not stay long. Firenze is amazing and you'd possibly like to spend longer there than industrial Milano and Torino. Roma is fantastico and Napoli is great, with Vesuvius, Pompei and Herculaneum easily reached from there. Hope this is some help. Have a great tour.

iaink

[quote]Hi,

I'm planning a interrail trip from Paris to Palermo and have two weeks to get there (I've got flights booked London-Paris and Palermo-London).

Does this sound a reasonable route, or is is too much for two weeks? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Paris > Lyon > Nice > Torino > Milano > Firenze > Roma > Napoli > Palermo[/quote]

Userpic

leo4378
Traveller
1 comments

replied 15 years ago

Thanks for the advice.

I've been to Paris before, so was thinking of only spending one night there before cracking on and heading southwards. Maybe I'll cut out Turin to move straight to Milan from Nice to allow us more time in the other places.

Userpic

admin
Traveller
203 comments

replied 15 years ago

Hi,

I forgot to say Nice is very nice. Lots of good eating and supermarkets and a huge beach. I always have some time there on my travels. All the best.

iaink

[quote]Thanks for the advice.

I've been to Paris before, so was thinking of only spending one night there before cracking on and heading southwards. Maybe I'll cut out Turin to move straight to Milan from Nice to allow us more time in the other places.[/quote]