Interrail: too much for two weeks ?

leo4378 @ 27-04-2008 22:06

Hi,

I'm planning a interrail trip from Paris to Palermo and have two weeks to get there (I've got flights booked London-Paris and Palermo-London).

Does this sound a reasonable route, or is is too much for two weeks? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Paris > Lyon > Nice > Torino > Milano > Firenze > Roma > Napoli > Palermo

admin @ 27-04-2008 23:17

Hi there,

Looks a little bit tight for two weeks, though, if you make brief visits to some of your planned destinations you'll be okay. Paris and Lyon are good. Lyon is less interesting so you might not stay long. Firenze is amazing and you'd possibly like to spend longer there than industrial Milano and Torino. Roma is fantastico and Napoli is great, with Vesuvius, Pompei and Herculaneum easily reached from there. Hope this is some help. Have a great tour.

iaink

Hi,

I'm planning a interrail trip from Paris to Palermo and have two weeks to get there (I've got flights booked London-Paris and Palermo-London).

Does this sound a reasonable route, or is is too much for two weeks? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Paris > Lyon > Nice > Torino > Milano > Firenze > Roma > Napoli > Palermo

leo4378 @ 28-04-2008 09:17

Thanks for the advice.

I've been to Paris before, so was thinking of only spending one night there before cracking on and heading southwards. Maybe I'll cut out Turin to move straight to Milan from Nice to allow us more time in the other places.

admin @ 28-04-2008 11:24

Hi,

I forgot to say Nice is very nice. Lots of good eating and supermarkets and a huge beach. I always have some time there on my travels. All the best.

iaink

Thanks for the advice.

I've been to Paris before, so was thinking of only spending one night there before cracking on and heading southwards. Maybe I'll cut out Turin to move straight to Milan from Nice to allow us more time in the other places.

Please login to write a message.

about railcc: We are real travellers and offer honest and well-grounded tips and tricks for your train journey.

rail.cc is partner and friend of
Deutsche Bahn Logo
Interrail Logo
Eurail Logo
Omio Logo
Trainline Logo
ACPRail Logo
NS Logo
SNCB Logo
Booking.com Logo
China Highlights Logo
12GoAsia Logo
Flixtrain Logo
Inlandsbanan Logo
Nightjet Logo
SJ Logo
RealRussia Logo
Kiwi.com Logo
Airbnb Logo
DJI Logo
Rentalcars Logo

COOKIES: by use of the railcc website, you agree to the use of cookies in accordance with our privacy policy. For further information about the use and management of our cookies, we ask you to accept our cookies policy.