Userpic

anonymous
Traveller
2467 comments

Posted 16 years ago

Finally have got round to Inter Railling after years of promising myself!
Have devised the following route over 17 days in August this year, any comments would be greatly received!

Amsterdam - Cologne - Berlin - Prague - Vienna - Ljubljana - Bled - Venice.

Have got a 10 in 22 day rail pass and will be easy jetting it to and from the UK at each end. I know its alot to push in 2 1/2 weeks, but want to see as much as possible. Might drop Venice off the end and stay in Bled for a few days instead.

Just wish i had more time on my hands!!!

Cant wait :D :D :D

Follow this topic
Userpic

admin
Traveller
203 comments

replied 16 years ago

Hi there,

I've done the 10 in 22 days pass and gone to 8 places too but I think 17 days is kind of pushing it. Cologne, which I went to last year, is nice looking, and climbing the cathedral tower is great, and so is the hostel by the station, on Martelin Strasse, but you might not want to take more than a night there as it's a bit of a quiet place. Amsterdam is good for several days, I think, as are Berlin, and Prague. You could fly yo Amsterdam a couple of days before your pass starts and them begin your tour when your pass becomes valid. And arrive in Venice just as your pass ends and take a few days there.

Lots of Interrailers do that so that the holiday is extended a bit. Last year I made my 22 day pass into a one month holiday by adding on days at the beginning and end. Your itinerary does look great, with plenty of variety and sunshine . Hope this is helpful. Have an excellent trip.

iaink

[quote]Finally have got round to Inter Railling after years of promising myself!
Have devised the following route over 17 days in August this year, any comments would be greatly received!

Amsterdam - Cologne - Berlin - Prague - Vienna - Ljubljana - Bled - Venice.

Have got a 10 in 22 day rail pass and will be easy jetting it to and from the UK at each end. I know its alot to push in 2 1/2 weeks, but want to see as much as possible. Might drop Venice off the end and stay in Bled for a few days instead.

Just wish i had more time on my hands!!!

Cant wait :D :D :D[/quote]