Interrail: sleeping bag or liner ?

jonnyt84 @ 31-05-2008 19:48

Hi I'm going interrailing throughout july and want to travel as light as possible. i'd like to know whether I actually require a sleeping bag or could do with just a liner. i plan to travel in spain/france/italy and will mainly be staying in hostels.

Any help much appreciated.

Cheers
Jonny

SiDUDe @ 31-05-2008 20:03

Ill be in hostels unless at Exit or Garden festivals (which are in Serbian and Croatia) and will only be taking a liner. If its cold I can always put on some more clothes!

Pete @ 01-06-2008 10:46

hi...
for the summer months, I always have a thin sleeping bag with me...
this is the new one of me: Ajungilak Mammut Tundra Summer 2008
I already tested it in spring in Portugal (20C) and it was not too hot and not too cold... 🙂
Peter

the_fredster @ 01-06-2008 11:37

Hi,

I went last year in July (and will be again this year). I took just a £5, cheap as it gets, liner and found it great. You can use it on night trains and in hostels. Although lots of hostels provide sheets. As it's doesn't take up much room in your backpack though, i reckon its worth taking.

Freddie

jonnyt84 @ 01-06-2008 13:16

Thanks everyone!

Think I am going to just take a liner. Can always put on more layers if its cold.

Fredster whereabouts can you get cheap liners? and what is the difference between cotton and silk ones?

Cheers
Jonny

the_fredster @ 01-06-2008 17:04

I got mine at millets. It had been reduced. Not really and expert... so wouldn't be sure on silk or cotton. Presume the feel of it - i'd go for cotton as its more breathable (i think).

Freddie

SiDUDe @ 01-06-2008 19:42

cotton is cheaper (obviously) but also has the tendancy to absorb moisture more than silk, and does not pack down as small, and is a bit heavier. A silk liner will last much longer between washes, and feels oh so goood

Please login to write a message.

about railcc: We are real travellers and offer honest and well-grounded tips and tricks for your train journey.

rail.cc is partner and friend of
Deutsche Bahn Logo
Interrail Logo
Eurail Logo
Omio Logo
Trainline Logo
ACPRail Logo
NS Logo
SNCB Logo
Booking.com Logo
China Highlights Logo
12GoAsia Logo
Flixtrain Logo
Inlandsbanan Logo
Nightjet Logo
SJ Logo
RealRussia Logo
Kiwi.com Logo
Airbnb Logo
DJI Logo
Rentalcars Logo

COOKIES: by use of the railcc website, you agree to the use of cookies in accordance with our privacy policy. For further information about the use and management of our cookies, we ask you to accept our cookies policy.