Userpic

jonnyt84
Traveller
1 comments

Posted 15 years ago

Hi I'm going interrailing throughout july and want to travel as light as possible. i'd like to know whether I actually require a sleeping bag or could do with just a liner. i plan to travel in spain/france/italy and will mainly be staying in hostels.

Any help much appreciated.

Cheers
Jonny

Follow this topic
Userpic

SiDUDe
Traveller
752 comments

replied 15 years ago

Ill be in hostels unless at Exit or Garden festivals (which are in Serbian and Croatia) and will only be taking a liner. If its cold I can always put on some more clothes!

Userpic

Peter
Traveller
9332 comments

replied 15 years ago

hi...
for the summer months, I always have a thin sleeping bag with me...
this is the new one of me: Ajungilak Mammut Tundra Summer 2008
I already tested it in spring in Portugal (20C) and it was not too hot and not too cold... :)
Peter

Userpic

the_fredster
Traveller
11 comments

replied 15 years ago

Hi,

I went last year in July (and will be again this year). I took just a £5, cheap as it gets, liner and found it great. You can use it on night trains and in hostels. Although lots of hostels provide sheets. As it's doesn't take up much room in your backpack though, i reckon its worth taking.

Freddie

Userpic

jonnyt84
Traveller
1 comments

replied 15 years ago

Thanks everyone!

Think I am going to just take a liner. Can always put on more layers if its cold.

Fredster whereabouts can you get cheap liners? and what is the difference between cotton and silk ones?

Cheers
Jonny

Userpic

the_fredster
Traveller
11 comments

replied 15 years ago

I got mine at millets. It had been reduced. Not really and expert... so wouldn't be sure on silk or cotton. Presume the feel of it - i'd go for cotton as its more breathable (i think).

Freddie

Userpic

SiDUDe
Traveller
752 comments

replied 15 years ago

cotton is cheaper (obviously) but also has the tendancy to absorb moisture more than silk, and does not pack down as small, and is a bit heavier. A silk liner will last much longer between washes, and feels oh so goood