Userpic

kathyd
Traveller
4 comments

Posted 15 years ago

Hey...We are a young couple hoping to interrail this summer in July with the 1 month global pass - being new to this we would v much appriciate some tips. Firstly, we plan on getting the ferry from Dover to Calais to do Paris and possibly Southern France. Other places we would love to go are Berlin, Barcelona (possibly go to the Bennicassim festival), Budapest, Prague, Italy (Florence, Venice, Nice, Rome?), Milan and maybe Spain (Madrid?). We are looking to fine some good sights, good nighlife and sunny weather. Are there any routes that would tie in nicely with these places? Are there any other places anyone could suggest or that are not worth the journey? Any help we would be most grateful :D cheers, Kath

Follow this topic
Userpic

SiDUDe
Traveller
752 comments

replied 15 years ago

umm nice is in france but nevermind...

slovenia (bled/bohinj and ljubljana) would def be up there in my places to go on that kind of route, nice and easy to get from from italy. My favourite country in Europe that I have travelled through in Europe is Bosnia, but that is not very practical for your route (and it not very interrail friendly). For nightlife Berlin is excellent.

If you can finish off in Amsterdam then thats always good 8)

Oh, and exit is better than Beni :P

Userpic

kathyd
Traveller
4 comments

replied 15 years ago

Cheers for your reply! did look into exit festival, but there's still no line up n it looks quite good for Beni so far! Not sure on what order to plan the trip, France looks like a good place to start, but Beni would be in the middle of the month that we intend to go, maybe this:
Paris > Southern France (anywhere inparticular?) > Berlin > Prague > Budapest > Barcelona (Beni) > Spain (anywhere inparticular?) > Italy (Florence/Venice/Rome) > Slovenia

Haven't got a clue what order these come in, I'm just guessing...so any suggestions? - we have already taken a city break to Amsterdam and seen all it has to offer, so be better to end up somewhere different (we are trying to avoid any flying, so maybe a loop route back to France to get the Eurostar/ferry home would work best?)

cheers for your help :)

Userpic

rosskie118212
Traveller
1 comments

replied 15 years ago

hello there im not sure how to set up a post , im looking a travelling from amsterdam to ljubljana i havnt a clue how to get the ball rolling any help ? thank you ross
my planned route is
amsterdam
ljubljana
roma
monaco
valencia
portugal

i dont know if that is a bit to ambitious but i need some help planning im trying to use the net but im stuck :)

Userpic

SiDUDe
Traveller
752 comments

replied 15 years ago

thread hijack! seriously though, for timetables go here [u]https://rail.cc/en/search-interrail-route[/u]

kathy - does it really make sense to go all the way down to the south of France just to come back again? why not try paris berlin prague budapest southern france barca/beni/spain italy slovenia and back home. that should just about be doable in a month

Userpic

kathyd
Traveller
4 comments

replied 15 years ago

That sounds perfect! Just what I was looking for :) thank you for all your help :P