Userpic

railtravel
Traveller
0 comments

Posted 16 years ago

Hi,

Am looking into going away with a friend for a a few works in the summer but need a bit of help with routes. We only have just over 2 weeks to do this so thought the 10 day pass with 5 days of travel would be the best option, and then stay a few extra days at the last place. I'm interested in perhaps flying to greece and going from there to croatia, slovenia and italy or vice versa. Is this too adventurous for only a few days of travel? Is there anywhere else you would recommend in this area for a few weeks of travel? Any help would be appreciated!

Follow this topic
Userpic

admin
Traveller
203 comments

replied 16 years ago

Hi there,

Might be a bit of whirlwind tour but I can think of a route that might work for you:

1. Athens to Bari, Italy, via Patras and cheap night ferry.

2. Bari to Roma (5 hours)

3. Roma to Venezia (night)

4. Venezia to Slovenia

5. Slovenia to Croatia

You could also do it in reverse from Croatia to Greece.

Plenty of variety and it is achievable. Hope this is helpful.

iaink

[quote]Hi,

Am looking into going away with a friend for a a few works in the summer but need a bit of help with routes. We only have just over 2 weeks to do this so thought the 10 day pass with 5 days of travel would be the best option, and then stay a few extra days at the last place. I'm interested in perhaps flying to greece and going from there to croatia, slovenia and italy or vice versa. Is this too adventurous for only a few days of travel? Is there anywhere else you would recommend in this area for a few weeks of travel? Any help would be appreciated![/quote]