Userpic

kallkvistb
Traveller
0 comments

Posted 5 years ago

We plan to go with ÖBB Nightjet from Hamburg to Zurich. The ÖBB website states that there will be a Reservation Fee of 44Euro for Couchette 4P if I go on Interrail Pass. But if I buy a ticket without an Interrail Pass then Couchette costs 4P 80Euro. Does that mean it\'s about half the price for Couchette 4P if I travel on Interrail Pass? Or is the cost 44 + 80 if I travel on Interrail Pass, and ticket cost + 80 if I travel without Interrailpass?
Very unclear on ÖBB\'s website and also other websites.
Very grateful for help.

Follow this topic
Userpic

Peter
Traveller
9331 comments

replied 4 years ago

Hello and welcome.

Have a look here for train information and the Interrail reservation: [u]https://rail.cc/en/interrail-night-train/hamburg-zurich-nj-401/501[/u]

Interrail:
if you travel with an Interrail pass, you have to pay ONLY the reservation fee. It is in your case for a "couchette 4 beds" 44 Euro - like you found out already.
This reservation is currently available at train stations in most European countries. But the easiest way is by phone. Call ÖBB: +43 5 1717 . Ask for the reservation. Payment is by credit card. Reservation is send to you by email.
Total to pay with Interrail: 44 Euro for the reservation.

Train ticket:
if you travel with a point to point train ticket, the ticket prices depends on your travel date, how long you book in advance, if the train is full or not. It starts from 59 Euro for "couchette 4 beds".
Total to pay for a point to point ticket: 59 Euro.

Therefore the Nightjet Hamburg to Munich will cost you 44 Euro with Interrail. It is always 44 Euro, as long as beds are free on your travel date in the "couchette 4 beds". If you want to buy a single train ticket, it starts from 59 Euro for a place in a "couchette 4 beds". But can rise.

Pete :)