Interrail pass and trains in East Europe

max-1 @ 09-03-2009 20:42

Hello,
I'm planning a trip to East Europe(Poland, Hungary, Bosnia, Serbia...)
I heard that trains are cheap in these countries. So if I'd like to travel these countries is it cheaper to use single tickets or an Interrail pass?

Bye
Max

SiDUDe @ 09-03-2009 21:21

Depends on how much travelling you are going to be doing. If you will be on the train everyday an interrail pass may be cheaper, if not its usally better (and cheaper) in these countries to be flexible and be able to use the train or bus

Iristja @ 10-03-2009 08:57

I'm planning to travel from vienna to Roma, Athene, Sofia, Bukarest, budapest and back to Vienna. Is it also cheaper then to buy my own tickets instead of using interrail (1 month) passes? How cheap is it?

Pete @ 10-03-2009 13:35

definitely cheaper by InterRail... especially when using the ferry Italy to Greece !!!

SiDUDe @ 10-03-2009 13:40

yeah, most of those places are on main lines (no need to use the bus or cheap local trains), so interrail will probably work out cheaper.

Iristja @ 10-03-2009 16:06

okay thanks a lot 🙂

Please login to write a message.

about railcc: We are real travellers and offer honest and well-grounded tips and tricks for your train journey.

rail.cc is partner and friend of
Deutsche Bahn Logo
Interrail Logo
Eurail Logo
Omio Logo
Trainline Logo
ACPRail Logo
NS Logo
SNCB Logo
Booking.com Logo
China Highlights Logo
12GoAsia Logo
Flixtrain Logo
Inlandsbanan Logo
Nightjet Logo
SJ Logo
RealRussia Logo
Kiwi.com Logo
Airbnb Logo
DJI Logo
Rentalcars Logo

COOKIES: by use of the railcc website, you agree to the use of cookies in accordance with our privacy policy. For further information about the use and management of our cookies, we ask you to accept our cookies policy.