Userpic

brighthw
Traveller
1 comments

Posted 15 years ago

Hi, I am planning to explore Poland in August, with 1 Country Pass.
But I live in Berlin, and my first and last train journeys will be night trains.
Going out from Berlin to Gdansk and coming back from Krakow to Berlin

Because I will only have interrail pass for Poland, I am not sure if my pass will be valid for these journeys.
I would like to know if I need to pay full price, or would I be able to validate my pass for these journeys.
If I can use the pass, then how much the journeys would cost (supplements I mean..) and how to get these reservations done.

Many thanks in advance,
Hyun

Follow this topic
Userpic

Peter
Traveller
9331 comments

replied 15 years ago

hi Hyun...

as you live in Berlin (Germany) you can not travel for free in Germany as it is your country of residence:
[u]https://rail.cc/en/how-to-interrail[/u]

so you always have to pay at least the way from Berlin to the Polish border:
Berlin to Rzepin: 22,50 EUR normal price
as you own an InterRail pass, you will get on this ticket a discount of 25%

so you can use your ONE Country InterRail Pass for Poland and buy a ticket to the InterRail Price for both directions listed on this topic:
[u]https://rail.cc/en/krakow-gdansk-berlin-night-train/f1408[/u]
plus the discounted ticket mentioned above.

but you will lose one travel day at least in Poland then. maybe also have a look on the schedule of the night train and this rule:
[u]https://rail.cc/en/interrail-night-train[/u]

go to a station in Berlin and ask for the information I gave you. I am sure they won't understand it... *joking* ;)
otherwise if you want to save travel days and maybe buy a cheaper version (only 3 travel days in Poland), the normal fare of 62 EUR one-way is the better solution.
for you to decide now... ;)

by the way... the fare from Gdansk to Krakow is one-way without any reductions: 29 EUR

have fun,
Peter :)

Userpic

brighthw
Traveller
1 comments

replied 15 years ago

Hi Peter,
Thanks for the advice.
Actually I am living in Germany for only a short time, my country of residence is the UK. And I would be able to purchase a youth ticket.
I am planning to do 4 long journeys:
Berlin - Gdansk
Gdansk - Warsaw
Warsaw - Krakow
Krakow - Prague/Brno

My question is that would it be worth purchasing 4 days ticket, to use on Berlin - Gdansk and Krakow - Prague/Brno? Or should I just purchase normal price for these ones?
I am not sure if this One Country Pass would apply on these journeys, as these are international ones.

Thanks in advance for your help,
Hyun

Userpic

Peter
Traveller
9331 comments

replied 15 years ago

if you want to travel this route, you need ONE COUNTRY PASSES for Germany, Poland and the Czech Rep. as you travel these countries.

reflect about single train tickets or a global pass 5 travel days within a period of 10 days YOUTH for EUR 159.

some information (normal fares, 2nd class - supplements are EXTRA!!):
Berlin - Gdansk: EUR 43
Gdansk - Warsaw: EUR 23
Warsaw - Krakow: EUR 22
Krakow - Praha: EUR 29
no guarantee on these fares !! ;)