Userpic

MiaJL
Traveller
3 comments

Posted 16 years ago

I don't know if it is a stupid question, but... me and my boyfriend are going interrailing in Switzerland this summer, and i'm thinking of witch ticket is cheapest? we live in demnark, so we have to travel through Denmark and germany to get to Switzerland. I don't quite get the prices on one contry pass, maybe somebody can help? it says this next to the prices: you need for every single country you want to travel in a One Country Pass. and lets say that we want to travel 8 days within a month, then do we have to pay 90 euro (this is the prices for 2 class youth), for a pass to travel in Denmark, 194 euro fra a pass to travel in germany and then 149 euro to travel in Switzerland? it sounds very odd to me and expensive.. can somebody help me understand it right??

Follow this topic
Userpic

NillerDK
Traveller
49 comments

replied 16 years ago

You cant use any of the pass's in your own country, only from the border and out. So if it was me, i would buy a plane ticket from Swiss Air or something to Switzerland, and then a one country pass for the country you will be travelling in.
If you travel in more than one country, you have to have a one country pass for each country you visit, or a global pass.

Userpic

Peter
Traveller
9331 comments

replied 16 years ago

That's the best explanation... :)

And it will be the cheapest price to go there by plane if you use Germany as only a transit country.

But maybe there is one train which might be interesting for you. it is a night train from Copenhagen / Odense to Basel. and if you book early, you can get tickets for 29 EUR one-way !!! :)

:arr: [u]https://rail.cc/en/interrail-night-train/denmark/dk[/u]

By the way: it is not possible to travel with an interrail ticket in your country of residence = Denmark ...

Userpic

MiaJL
Traveller
3 comments

replied 16 years ago

okay, thank you... i think we'll go with the global pass.. there wasn't any more of the tickets to basel for 29 euro :(
One more question: when you look under price supplements and it says special price, what does that exactly mean? and how do i find out what the price is?

Userpic

Peter
Traveller
9331 comments

replied 16 years ago

when there is written special prices, that's not good for interrailers... ;)
it normally means that you have to pay a supplement because it is a super-fast-train, a hotel-night-train, a touristic-panorama-train and so on ... if you tell me which train you mean, I can maybe help you ...
or you ask at the station where this special train starts..... or at their rail company website...
:)

Userpic

admin
Traveller
203 comments

replied 16 years ago

Hi there, you can get a flight from Copenhagen to Berlin for 245 kr with Easyjet and then take the nacht zug to Basel. Maybe this is good for you? Have and excellent trip.

iaink

[quote]I don't know if it is a stupid question, but... me and my boyfriend are going interrailing in Switzerland this summer, and i'm thinking of witch ticket is cheapest? we live in demnark, so we have to travel through Denmark and germany to get to Switzerland. I don't quite get the prices on one contry pass, maybe somebody can help? it says this next to the prices: you need for every single country you want to travel in a One Country Pass. and lets say that we want to travel 8 days within a month, then do we have to pay 90 euro (this is the prices for 2 class youth), for a pass to travel in Denmark, 194 euro fra a pass to travel in germany and then 149 euro to travel in Switzerland? it sounds very odd to me and expensive.. can somebody help me understand it right??[/quote]

Userpic

Indyishere
Traveller
3 comments

replied 16 years ago

Good forum you have got here.

So if I got this right if I want to travel from one country to the other(say Hungary-France), I would have to have a global pass, rather the one that works for 1 region(Germany, France etc).

Userpic

Peter
Traveller
9331 comments

replied 16 years ago

yes a global pass is the cheaper solution ...
otherwise you need single-country-passes for
France + Germany + Austria + Hungary ... 4 countries ...! :)