Userpic

matrofax
Traveller
2 comments

Posted 9 years ago

Hello,

I am trying to plan a interrail trip and I found some threads talking about a night train from Budapest to Venice but I couldn't find it on the interrail night train list. Also I was not able to find any proper information about such train on the internet either.
Does anyone know if there is/was/or will be any night train going from Budapest to Venice?

Thank you!

Follow this topic
Userpic

matrofax
Traveller
2 comments

replied 9 years ago

I mean Belgrad by the way but wrote Budapest in the thread. So: Belgrad to Venice yeah

Userpic

Flo
Traveller
10723 comments

replied 9 years ago

Hi!

Both the Budapest and Belgrade to Venice night trains have been withdrawn in December 2011. The Belgrade to Venice coach has been in fact attached to the train coming from Budapest in Zagreb.
There will be a new Belgrade to Ljubljana night train in the new timetable starting in mid December; from Ljubljana you can then continue towards Venice as described here: [u]https://rail.cc/blog/travel-lake-bled-train/[/u]

Flo 8)

Userpic

matrofax
Traveller
2 comments

replied 9 years ago

Thank you but wow that is so complicated and it would only be 2 hours in the car. Maybe I am just gonna take a bus or try it with BlaBlaCar.

Userpic

Flo
Traveller
10723 comments

replied 9 years ago

Yeah, I know...anyway, Gorizia is a nice small city worth a quick break; or you could also take the train to Villa Opicina, then tramway to Trieste and by train to Venice.