Interrail in Bulgaria

Irina @ 14-07-2008 21:29

Hi,

I intend to start with a global interrail pass in Sofia and to travel from there to Austria and Italy. I asked a Bulgarian friend to inform for the prices of the reservation supplement and sleeping car at the station there, but a clerk told her that interrail in Bulgaria is impossible for a non-Bulgarian! Was it just a bad clerk or is there a problem? If not, can anyone tell me finally the amount of the supplement?

Thanks!

Irina

Pete @ 14-07-2008 22:06

mmmh.... 😉
here is the information which you can belive:

- if you are Non-Bulgarian, you can travel in Bulgaria for free. small supplements are necessary for BDZ trains (on all main routes) and for the Balkan Express (Istanbul to Budapest via Sofia).

- if you are Bulgarian, you get a 50% discount on a normal train ticket form the place you live to the border. this is the rule of the country of residence which says you can not travel for free with interrail in your country of residence.

I hope this answer helps you !? 🙂
Peter 🙂

Irina @ 15-07-2008 11:26

Thank you! I'm indeed a non-bulgarian 😉 .

Please login to write a message.

about railcc: We are real travellers and offer honest and well-grounded tips and tricks for your train journey.

rail.cc is partner and friend of
Deutsche Bahn Logo
Interrail Logo
Eurail Logo
Omio Logo
Trainline Logo
ACPRail Logo
NS Logo
SNCB Logo
Booking.com Logo
China Highlights Logo
12GoAsia Logo
Flixtrain Logo
Inlandsbanan Logo
Nightjet Logo
SJ Logo
RealRussia Logo
Kiwi.com Logo
Airbnb Logo
DJI Logo
Rentalcars Logo

COOKIES: by use of the railcc website, you agree to the use of cookies in accordance with our privacy policy. For further information about the use and management of our cookies, we ask you to accept our cookies policy.