Interrail - HELP ! HELP !

ells @ 24-02-2009 03:07

I was thinking of doing an InterRail in the summer of 2010, and i was thinking ti visit Austria - Hugary - Slovakia - Poland - Lithuania. I would be leaving Lisbon (Portugal).

First question is:
.should a 22 day's ticket be advised to buy?

.leaving portugal to austria, should i get a plane?

.then, with this ticket, imagine i want to go from austria to hungary, i just get into a train without saying anything at the place where you buy the tickets?

.how do i validate my interrail card, so that i know i can't use it no more?

i really hope to get the answers, because as you can see i'm a real begginer, but just imagining i could visit this countries at this price is just ... 🤣

Greetings, Daniel

Pete @ 24-02-2009 16:39

hi ...
1) if you fly back by plane, a 22 days ticket will fit your needs.
2) it is a long travel... if you do not want to visit any places on this route, take a plane.
3) if you do not need a supplement, just sit into the train and that's it. supplements if needed are listed here:
https://rail.cc/en/interrail-train-reservation
4) you do not validate your interrail ticket. if it is a global pass, the start and the end date your ticket is valid is printed on the ticket. if you have a flexible pass with 10 days within 22, just write the travel day (date) in it, that's it.
all the best, Peter 🙂

Please login to write a message.

about railcc: We are real travellers and offer honest and well-grounded tips and tricks for your train journey.

rail.cc is partner and friend of
Deutsche Bahn Logo
Interrail Logo
Eurail Logo
Omio Logo
Trainline Logo
ACPRail Logo
NS Logo
SNCB Logo
Booking.com Logo
China Highlights Logo
12GoAsia Logo
Flixtrain Logo
Inlandsbanan Logo
Nightjet Logo
SJ Logo
RealRussia Logo
Kiwi.com Logo
Airbnb Logo
DJI Logo
Rentalcars Logo

COOKIES: by use of the railcc website, you agree to the use of cookies in accordance with our privacy policy. For further information about the use and management of our cookies, we ask you to accept our cookies policy.