Interrail countries needing visas ?

kirky @ 11-04-2008 14:21

Sorry if this has been asked but is there a list of the countries that require visas somewhere? I'm from the UK and mainly keeping to central Europe.

Thanks

SiDUDe @ 11-04-2008 15:59

check the fco website, the only 2 i know of (in interrail) are turkey and albania, both of which you pay for at the border

AlphaOmega @ 12-04-2008 10:50

albania isn't included in the interrail pass... and you don't need a visa for it. You'll need to pay a €10 entry fee upon crossing the border (both ways).

For Turkey indeed you need to pay a €10 entry fee as well (€15 or £10 for UK citizens).

For a lot of surrounding countries you don't need a visa either (estonia, latvia, lithuania, ukraine, moldova)

But for central europe, don't worry. As an EU member you can go pretty much anywhere (in europe) without having to worry about visas.

kirky @ 12-04-2008 12:07

Thanks a lot guys! That was the only thing I was worried about. I highly doubt I'll be going to either of those countries.

Ryan

Please login to write a message.

about railcc: We are real travellers and offer honest and well-grounded tips and tricks for your train journey.

rail.cc is partner and friend of
Deutsche Bahn Logo
Interrail Logo
Eurail Logo
Omio Logo
Trainline Logo
ACPRail Logo
NS Logo
SNCB Logo
Booking.com Logo
China Highlights Logo
12GoAsia Logo
Flixtrain Logo
Inlandsbanan Logo
Nightjet Logo
SJ Logo
RealRussia Logo
Kiwi.com Logo
Airbnb Logo
DJI Logo
Rentalcars Logo

COOKIES: by use of the railcc website, you agree to the use of cookies in accordance with our privacy policy. For further information about the use and management of our cookies, we ask you to accept our cookies policy.