Interrail: Belfast - Amsterdam - Praha - Krakow
htsow @ 17-03-2009 00:06
i m plan to go europe by 10 of 22 days(22/4 - 13/4) flexi global pass. Below is my routes:
22/4 dep. belfast int. 14:00 (by easyjet flight)
22/4 arr. amsterdam airport 16:35
22/4 dep. amsterdam airport 16:59 (by normal train ticket, £3)
22/4 arr. amsterdam centraal 17:20
22/4 stay at amsterdam hostel for one day
23/4 dep. amsterdam centraal 19:01 (start flexi pass day 1)
24/4 arr. praha hl.n. 09:56 (night train)
24/4 stay at praha hostel for one day
25/4 dep. praha hl.n. 21:09 (day 2)
26/4 arr. krakow 06:33
26/4 stay at krakow hostel for one day
27/4 dep. krakow 22:15 (day 3)
28/4 arr. vienna 06:30
28/4 stay at vienna hostel for one day
29/4 dep. vienna 10:44 (day 4)
29/4 arr. salzburg hbf. 13:52
29/4 stay at salzburg for one day
30/4 dep. salzburg 09:57 (day 5)
30/4 arr. muchen Hbf. 11:37
30/4,1/5 stay at muchen for two days
2/5 dep. muchen Hbf. 21:48 (day 6)
3/5 arr. Zurich HB 06:20
3/5 stay at zurich for one day
4/5 dep. zurich HB 20:42 (day 7)
5/5 arr. koln Hbf 05:45
5/5 dep koln Hbf 08:44
5/5 arr. brussels central 11:01
5/5 stay brussels for one day
6/5 dep. brussels central 10:37 (day 😎
6/5 arr. luxembourg 13:37
6/5 stay at luxembourg for one day
7/5 dep. luxembourg 13:08 (day 9)
7/5 arr. paris 15:19
7/5 - 10/5 stay at paris for 4 days
10/5 dep. paris 20:32 (day 10)
11/5 arr. cerbere 09:36
11/5 dep. cerbere 14:24
11/5 arr. barcelona sants 18:46
11/5 - 14/5 stay at barcelona for 4 days
15/5 barcelona international airport (back to belfast int.)
1) Can you please tell me the details of the fares of the night train for each journey?
2) Any routes i can add on or any place I should stay more day?
3) Do my routes will make me very rush on time?
4) buying flexi pass is cheaper or city-to-city pass?
5) Please comment my routes. Thanks.
Pete @ 17-03-2009 07:36
A perfect planed route ... but do not be fixed in detail on every train and travel day ... sometimes trains are in delay, sometimes you meet other travelers to join, sometimes a hostel is good to party - or the city is a lot of fun ... I recommend to have a rough plan which cities you want to see and then feel free and decide from day to day ... but okay ... it is also okay to have a good planning !! 🙂
so here my answers:
1) Night trains
Amsterdam - Praha: https://rail.cc/en/interrail/amsterdam-to-prague
Praha - Krakow: https://rail.cc/en/interrail/prague-to-krakow
Munich - Zurich: is there a direct night train? I recommend you to do this by day train to see the Alps. direct trains - 4 hours of travel time.
Zurich to Koln: https://rail.cc/en/interrail/zurich-to-amsterdam
Paris - Cerbere: https://rail.cc/en/interrail/paris-to-barcelona
2) skip some days from Paris and Barcelona ... stay one more day in Amsterdam and Krakow ... maybe add Berlin... also very nice for bars, music, ...
3) if you only stay one night in a hostel you have to keep in mind that you can use your hostel room after 1400h or 1500h in the afternoon and have to leave before 1000h or 1100h in the morning - so not so nice if you are tired. often you can use a luggage room of them - but sometimes it is not possible and then you have your backpack the whole day along with you...
so I recommend to stay two night in a hostel. or three if you really want to feel a city. that's my personal experience.
4) definitely buy an InterRail GLOBAL Flexi Pass - the 10 days within 22. It will be much cheaper than single train tickets. as you travel a lot of kilometres on Western European rail tracks. you can buy your official rail pass at https://rail.shop/interrail ... it will be send to you by secure mail. and at the same time you support this forum and the railcc project. 🙂
5) good route ... a little bit of everything ... I personally prefer Eastern Europe, like Krakow ... if you want to have a cheaper travel, skip the big Western European cities and ad Budapest or Ljubljana, ... 🙂
have a good time, Peter 🙂
htsow @ 17-03-2009 21:45
very thank to you, peter.
I will look on my routes again ....maybe will make some change of that. Thanks again.
Please login to write a message.