Userpic

benjaminnr1
Traveller
2 comments

Posted 16 years ago

Hi all :D

First of all, great forum .
I was wondering, how big a backpack do you need for 30 days of interrail. I once read 80 liters but some have disagreed, and told me 60 liters is enough. So, what is your opinion?

Currently I'm hooked en buying this beauty for my trip with a friend in July/August:
Osprey Waypoint 80 liters
I can't post a link yet so look it up on Google.

It's about 2000 Dkr / 268.23 Euro / 205.08 GBP. The intension is not only to use it on this one Interrail trip, but also on future travels. It is supposed to be very comfortable. I really like the outer daypack as well. Some weekend, I'll go and try it on.

Follow this topic
Userpic

NillerDK
Traveller
49 comments

replied 16 years ago

Well, the bigger packback, the more you put in it.. I've bought a 60 liters from Spejder Sport(går ud fra du er fra DK siden du skrev i danske kroner). And i'm going away for 40 days..

Userpic

admin
Traveller
203 comments

replied 16 years ago

Hi there,

55 litres is my rucksack and it is fine for a month. I take enough clothes for seven days and wash them every week. It might be useful to consider the weight of your pack which, by some unspoken law of physics, always gets heavier the longer you are looking for a hostel or lost in the blazing sunshine. Also, if you are flying to your start point, many airlines have quite low baggage allowances, e.g., 20 kilos or less, so those with the big, back-breaking packs pay steep surcharges. Hope this is helpful. Have a most excellent trip.

iaink

[quote]Hi all :D

First of all, great forum .
I was wondering, how big a backpack do you need for 30 days of interrail. I once read 80 liters but some have disagreed, and told me 60 liters is enough. So, what is your opinion?

Currently I'm hooked en buying this beauty for my trip with a friend in July/August:
Osprey Waypoint 80 liters
I can't post a link yet so look it up on Google.

It's about 2000 Dkr / 268.23 Euro / 205.08 GBP. The intension is not only to use it on this one Interrail trip, but also on future travels. It is supposed to be very comfortable. I really like the outer daypack as well. Some weekend, I'll go and try it on.[/quote]

Userpic

benjaminnr1
Traveller
2 comments

replied 16 years ago

Okay, jeg vil overveje at gå ned til 60 liter, hvis der stadig er plads til mit Polaroid SX70 og nogle filmpacks. Under alle omstændigheder skal jeg prøve den først.

Userpic

NillerDK
Traveller
49 comments

replied 16 years ago

[quote]Okay, jeg vil overveje at gå ned til 60 liter, hvis der stadig er plads til mit Polaroid SX70 og nogle filmpacks. Under alle omstændigheder skal jeg prøve den først.[/quote]

Jeg har et Olympus SP560 med, næsten samme størrelse som et DSLR, så et polaroid skulle du også nok kunne få plads til ;)

Userpic

Miro
Traveller
65 comments

replied 16 years ago

Please discuss your 'problems' (also) in English, it may be helpfull to other people.

I would recommend not to take a very big backpack, because if you have one, you will fill it up totally and you will be carrying a bloody heavy backpack. If you don't have space, you can't use it and therefor your pack will be packed less heavy...

Userpic

NillerDK
Traveller
49 comments

replied 16 years ago

[quote]Please discuss your 'problems' (also) in English, it may be helpfull to other people.

I would recommend not to take a very big backpack, because if you have one, you will fill it up totally and you will be carrying a bloody heavy backpack. If you don't have space, you can't use it and therefor your pack will be packed less heavy...[/quote]

I agree.. I know that if i had the space, i would fill it up with souvenirs along the way :D Than its better to travel light, and eventually mail the bigger things you buy, home with airmail..

Userpic

Indyishere
Traveller
3 comments

replied 16 years ago

you can never have enough package space:)

Userpic

Miro
Traveller
65 comments

replied 16 years ago

If you wanna break your back...