Interrail and Eurail pass traveling together

viajerafeliz @ 13-04-2008 23:25

My daughther has been studying in Seville, Spain since september 2007, what makes her a resident, even though she is from Puerto Rico. She is 21 years old. I live in Puerto Rico and I will be going to Europe to travel with her in july 2008. We want to go by train from Paris, France to Florence, Italy and from Florence to Barcelona, Spain. I wil be getting a Select pass for 3 countries, 1st class saver, Eurailpass for myself and an Interrail for her, assuming of course that we will be travelling togehter. Does my daughter has to pay 50% extra to go to Florence and Barcelona?

This is my first time to Europe so I will apreciate all the information you can give me.

admin @ 14-04-2008 19:16

Hi there,

Yes there will be a supplement for travelling in first class with a second class Interrail pass. I always go second class myself so I don't know how much.

Happy travelling.

iaink

Pete @ 14-04-2008 19:16

Hi

Completely right! NO problem to travel together with Eurail and Interrail.

Your daughter travels for free (depending of the InterRail pass if the countries are included), only in her country of residence (=Spain) she has to pay 50% of a normal train ticket and can not travel for free with InterRail, even when Spain is included in the InterRail ticket... 😢

Interrail: https://rail.cc/en/interrail

Eurail: https://rail.cc/en/eurail

All the best !!
Peter
🙂

Please login to write a message.

about railcc: We are real travellers and offer honest and well-grounded tips and tricks for your train journey.

rail.cc is partner and friend of
Deutsche Bahn Logo
Interrail Logo
Eurail Logo
Omio Logo
Trainline Logo
ACPRail Logo
NS Logo
SNCB Logo
Booking.com Logo
China Highlights Logo
12GoAsia Logo
Flixtrain Logo
Inlandsbanan Logo
Nightjet Logo
SJ Logo
RealRussia Logo
Kiwi.com Logo
Airbnb Logo
DJI Logo
Rentalcars Logo

COOKIES: by use of the railcc website, you agree to the use of cookies in accordance with our privacy policy. For further information about the use and management of our cookies, we ask you to accept our cookies policy.