Userpic

Ktadie
Traveller
1 comments

Posted 15 years ago

Hey there guys. I'm an international student, with international student friends.
I'm Danish, and I have a Danish diplomatic passport.

But, as I'm international (moving around ALOT) I havn't been living in Europe for 6months.

Does this mean that I cannot use interrail? And what about my friends who are from Sweden, Canada and India? THey all have diplomatic or UN passports. Isn't there some exceptions for people like us? (not to brag or anything.)

If not, what alternatives are there? InterRail is supposed to be cheap and efficient for us youngsters that want to discover Europe...

What a disappointment.

Follow this topic
Userpic

Peter
Traveller
9331 comments

replied 15 years ago

hej.
you can use the InterRail pass with your Danish diplomatic passport.
for persons who do not have a passport like yours, there is the ticket called EURAIL which is nearly the same like InterRail.
Eural: [u]https://rail.cc/en/eurail[/u]

the difference between InterRail and Eurail is based in their long history (soon the InterRail ticket will become 40 years).

to test if Interrail or Eurail is needed click here: [u]https://rail.cc/en/interrail-rules[/u]

all the best, Peter :)

Userpic

Ktadie
Traveller
1 comments

replied 15 years ago

[quote]hej.
you can use the InterRail pass with your Danish diplomatic passport.
for persons who do not have a passport like yours, there is the ticket called EURAIL which is nearly the same like InterRail. just search for it on google.
the difference between InterRail and Eurail is based in their long history (soon the InterRail ticket will become 40 years).
all the best, Peter :) [/quote]

What about my friends? A UN canadain passport, an Indian UN passport, and diplomatic swedish. Will those work with interrail aswell?

Userpic

Peter
Traveller
9331 comments

replied 15 years ago

here is the answer:

UN Canadian = NON-Europe = EURAIL
UN Indian = NON-Europe = EURAIL
Diplomatic Sweden = Europe = INTERRAIL

all the best, Peter :)