Userpic

jobdrum
Traveller
2 comments

Posted 15 years ago

Hi,

I'm gonna go to Austria, Prague and Budapest with my friend this weekend. I've got the Global pass but my friend's got just the Eurail select pass youth 3 countries. The problem is I just realised that the night train that we're gonna take from Prague to Budapest will pass Slovakia. So, is there any problem for my friend to take this train although she's just 3 countries pass; Austria Czech Rep. and Hungary. If the ticket doesn't allowed her to pass Slovakia, how can I cope with this problem while we still want to take the night train from Prague to Budapest? Thanks a lot for your help.

Follow this topic
Userpic

jobdrum
Traveller
2 comments

replied 15 years ago

I have one more question. If I have to pay for the supplement, where can I pay for it? I can do it on a train or I have to pay at a station before getting on the train. Thank you very much.

Userpic

Peter
Traveller
9331 comments

replied 15 years ago

hej ... :)
when a country is not included in your pass, you can not travel in it or trough it - even by night train. you have to pay for the distance you cross the country - which is not expensive in Slovakia. ask at the station in Prague. there you can also buy the supplement/reservation. better to buy it before than in a train. sometimes you have to pay an extra fee then in the train...
more information about Eurail, the extra fees and so on: [u]https://rail.cc/en/eurail[/u]
have fun and all the best, Peter :)

Userpic

jobdrum
Traveller
2 comments

replied 15 years ago

Thank you very much indeed for your help.