Userpic

anonymous
Traveller
2467 comments

Posted 15 years ago

I'm planning to stay one night at Holyhead to take a train to Manchester by the morning. I'll already stay one night at Dublin, so I though that it will be good to sleep the other night in Wales.

My question is, do you know any hostels in Holyhead? I googled a bit and I didn't find any... Can you help me? Thanks! :)

Follow this topic
Userpic

Flo
Traveller
10723 comments

replied 14 years ago

Might I suggest taking the last ferry from Dublin to Holyhead? You woulf arrive in Holyhead around 00.30, could stay at the station for the night and catch the first train (04.25) to Crewe and change there to Manchester.
Quite a trip but it would save you some money.

We are going to do the same thing in the summer but in the other direction; luckily the connections are better: We arrive around 02.30 and have a ferry to Dublin at 03.00.

Sorry, cant tell anything about hostels in holyhead though.

Userpic

Peter
Traveller
9331 comments

replied 14 years ago

there is no hostel there to stay overnight - as much as I know from my experiences ... :)

Userpic

Marlanah
Traveller
13 comments

replied 14 years ago

I know there's a kind of youth hostel (called outdoor adventure I think..) where you can camp too, but it's not in Holyhead city and you have to take a bus and then to walk 1km.
I tried to sleep in the beach there, don't do that :P many many flies, rather stones than sand (dunno exactly, it was night) and rain..... :D I ended the night in the ferry waiting room ( well you can perhaps spend the night there, but I don't know if it's open all the night.. anyway, since 4pm it's ok, and quite safe I found)

Userpic

roryroryrory
Traveller
39 comments

replied 14 years ago

When I was there I saw plenty of B&bs.
So you may have to pay a bit more than a hostel.

Why don't you just stay in Dublin for one more night and get the ferry in the morning. Around 8:30 I think.

Userpic

sam132
Traveller
6 comments

replied 13 years ago

Hi,

I would recommend avoiding spending a day at Holyhead if that's your plan, your far better off taking a day train upon arrival from Dun Laoghire/Dublin city, since Holyhead is not the nicest of places.

Good luck,

Sam