Userpic

Cup_cake222
Traveller
0 comments

Posted 7 years ago

Hello,

I will be traveling to Belgrade to meet and friend and from there we will be taking the train to Timisoara.

I know that we will have to get to Belgrade Dunav station, but I was wondering if anyone knows how to get there from the Glavna Zeleznicka station. I have looked at the bus lines and I\\\'m not sure.

Also, I am not sure where to buy tickets either. The Dunav station looks quite small and does not seem to have a ticket booth, so do I have to buy tickets at one of the bigger train stations in Belgrade first? I know I have to buy bus tickets in the main train station (Glavna Zeleznicka), but can I buy tickets for the trains at Belgrade Dunav there as well?

Let me know ASAP!

Thanks!

Follow this topic
Userpic

Flo
Traveller
10723 comments

replied 7 years ago

Hi!

I would buy tickets at the central train station (Beograd Glavna); if all else fails it shouldnt be a problem buying them on board the train (at least to Vrsac where you have to change).

You can board the train to Vrsac (with connection to Timisoara) either at Beograd Dunav or at Pancevacki most; the latter is also a station of the BG:voz suburban rail network. BG:voz trains call at Novi Beograd, Beograd Centar (also known as Prokop; this is not Glavni station!), Karadjordjev Park, Vukov Spomenik before calling at Pancevacki most. There are two stations there and when leaving the BG:voz train you would have to walk a little to get to the stop of the train coming from Dunav.

This is quite a good solution however the BG:voz stations are not directly in the city centre.

Alternatively, travel by bus - this is quite a good route planner: [ux]http://www.eway.rs/en/cities/beograd[/ux]

I would be very interested in your experiences on that route so it would be great if you could tell us about your experiences afterwards. Thanks! :)

Flo 8)