Userpic

Vlad
Traveller
6 comments

Posted 15 years ago

Hi!

I'm going to use interrail pass in July to travel in Europe. I have two questions about border crossings.

1) Russia->Finland
I want to travel by morning train Repin Petersburg-Helsinki. Is it possible to buy a ticket from Petersburg to Vainikkala (first finnish station) and reservation Petersburg-Helsinki?

2) Poland->Belarus
I want to travel by direct night train 104 Warsaw-Minsk at the last day of my pass. It leaves Warsaw at 21.00, arrives to Malaszewicze at 23.50 and to Minsk at 8.02. Almost the same question - may I buy reservation for the whole segment and ticket only for Malaszewicze-Minsk?

Vlad.

Follow this topic
Userpic

lennertvr
Traveller
1 comments

replied 15 years ago

Hi vald!

In the past summer I took the train from Helsinki to Saint Petersburg. I went with the finnish train sibelius.

You can take also the use russian trains repin(like you sugested) or tolstoi.
If you want to arrive in helsinki in the morning you must take the repin who departs at 7.17
I don't now for sure but I think you can buy your tickets with the russian railways.

On my way back for Saint Petersburg to Finland a stept of at Kouvola, and the train stopted at Vainikkala where people stept of. So it is possible to buy tickets for just a part of the trip, again this was with the sibelius but the russian trains also stop at this stations.

In saint Petersburg all the trains to Finland depart in the Finland station, not so far from the center of the city.

This is a brochure of the finnish railways in english : http://www.vr.fi/heo/eng/ita/finland_by_train_2009.pdf
if you speak (read) russian use this version : http://www.vr.fi/heo/rus/esitteet/vr_esite_venajaksi_2009.pdf

If there is anything else just ask!!

I

Userpic

vienhu
Traveller
18 comments

replied 15 years ago

[quote]
2) Poland->Belarus
I want to travel by direct night train 104 Warsaw-Minsk at the last day of my pass. It leaves Warsaw at 21.00, arrives to Malaszewicze at 23.50 and to Minsk at 8.02. Almost the same question - may I buy reservation for the whole segment and ticket only for Malaszewicze-Minsk?
[/quote]

On principle it's possible to buy ticket for part of trip on which You don't have already ticket and reservation on all ...
This (103/104) night train in international communication have sleeping-cars only!
(However - don't forget about visa on Belarus! - just remind! ;) )

And for everybody who wants go to Belarus (Minsk) - ticket on train from border POLAND-BELARUS to Minsk on train 440/441 is about 26 Euro (depends of rate of exchange) and for reservation for 3-persons sleeping compartment - about 19-20 Euro... Thats informations I have on this day...

so have fun! :)

Userpic

GailH
Traveller
1 comments

replied 14 years ago

Hi experts

I would like to travel by train: Warsaw to Brest, Belarus. I found some trains in the Polish Railaways site (PKP), but I don't know how to book (reserve) the seats. Can anyone help with an advice?

Many thanks

Gail

Userpic

vienhu
Traveller
18 comments

replied 14 years ago

if you want to go in couchatte or sleeper car:
I'm afraid that this international trains connecting Poland and Belarus/Russia/Ukraine ain't availability by the internet.... [b]only[/b] in ticket offices! of course in advance ;)
but if you want to go on sits:
there are some polish trains going to Terespol (it's town on border) and then local train to Brest - there is some of them through day... on that trains you dont have to gat any reservation....

Userpic

Sungwon
Traveller
2 comments

replied 13 years ago

Hello.

I have some question about visa in Belarus and Russia..

I didn't know I should get the visa to visit these countries..

Although, I'm starting to travel, this Saturday..

So what I ask is if I don't have visas, can't I visit these nations, at all??

How can I travel in this situation??

I'm looking forward to hearing from you, soon.

Userpic

Kaizeler
Traveller
5 comments

replied 13 years ago

Everyone needs a visa to visit Russia, and this can be a lengthy process (sometimes up to a month). Also, you can only get your visa in your country of residency. Travel agencies, the Russian consulate or websites like www.waytorussia.net/Travel/VisaSupport.html or www.expresstorussia.com/russian_visas.html can give you more information, but if you're leaving this saturday you will most likely not have the paperwork ready in time.

Also you cannot stay at any hotel in Belarus without a valid visa. Regulations in Belarus change quickly though, and you should probably try to get more information from their http://belembassy.org/index_eng.html.

K.