Userpic

Roryk83
Traveller
4 comments

Posted 15 years ago

Hi Guys

Im looking to interail this summer, most probably in August

Any help with the following questions would be great:

1. Age: At the moment I'm 25 but I will be 26 in February. If I buy the ticket before my birthday will I be able to use the Youth ticket? Obviously at the time of travel I will be 26.
2, As I said I plan to travel in August but this is dependant on my job. When I purchase the ticket do I have to specify exact dates of travel?
3. Can anybody explain the advanges of 1 months continous ticket compared to 22 days continous travel?

Thanks

Follow this topic
Userpic

Peter
Traveller
9332 comments

replied 15 years ago

hej ...
here are the answers:
1) not the date of the purchase of your ticket is important, the date when your ticket is valid is important. so if you buy your ticket now and use it and you will have birthday during your tour and get 26, you can travel on a YOUTH ticket.
but if you buy your ticket now and get 26 before your ticket will start and be valid, you have to buy an ADULT one... so as you travel in summer and you are 26 then, you need an ADULT one... sorry... :o
2) when you purchase your ticket, you have to give the starting date. if you buy a flexi interrail ticket with XX days within YY days, you have to chose as well the starting date but the travel days you can fill in during your tour - flexible and free ... at the day you need them.
3) the only difference are the days - the period the ticket is valid...
all the best, Peter :)