Userpic

Peerdulyver
Traveller
7 comments

Posted 7 years ago

Hi. Do someone have experience in using a student card in Europe from their own uni? I know I have done this a couple of times (Uni. Oslo), and it have worked fine, but I read around that I will need to buy myself a international student card. How has this worked for you?

Follow this topic
Userpic

Flo
Traveller
10723 comments

replied 7 years ago

Hi!

I only used an ISIC card once, back on my first Interrail trip. Turned out to be a waste of money since we got all student reductions with our regular uni ID card as well.
However, in the meantime I have come across some sights here and there were they explicitly granted discounts for ISIC card holders only.
What do they charge you for the card at the moment? I paid 10€ back in the day...

Flo 8)

Userpic

Peerdulyver
Traveller
7 comments

replied 7 years ago

Hi. Thanks for the reply.

It cost 100 NOK, which should be 11,3 Euros. It\'s not that it is that much money, but I don\'t want to waist money and don\'t know if the card will be that frequently used.
The card looks like this, if it is important: http://www.uio.no/for-ansatte/enhetssider/ub/aktuelt/aktuelle-saker/2015/bilder/sio_kort_200.jpg (Not mine, some random sample photo from the web.)

Userpic

Flo
Traveller
10723 comments

replied 7 years ago

Like I said - in my personal experience I would have never needed the ISIC card, and in general student concessions are available to holders of all student ID cards issued by (European) universities. But there may be some sights/museums/etc who explicitly give discounts to ISIC card holders only. Personally, I wouldnt bother getting one and use my regular student card...but I am no student anymore. ;)

Userpic

Peerdulyver
Traveller
7 comments

replied 7 years ago

OK, thanks. Then I\'ll just use my own, if noone tells me otherwise.