Userpic

dmirstek
Traveller
21 comments

Posted 15 years ago

Hello, I've just visited Warsaw Central Station - I wanted to buy necessery reservations to my interrail ticket.
I've read on railcc webpage:
[quote]EC Hamburg-Copenhagen: reservation needed![/quote]
but there wasn't possibility to buy it! Woker of cash office checked and said, that EC 31 (Hamburg 7:25-Copenhagen) isn't reservable. Reservation is not only not necessery, but also not possible (in her opinion). I checked the map added to my ticket - EC Hamburg - Copenhagen really wasn't as a 'special train'. How it's in real life? I don't want to have any problems on board...

Follow this topic
Userpic

Peter
Traveller
9331 comments

replied 15 years ago

you can buy for all trains like EC, IC, ICE, TGV, ... (all fast-trains and all international trains) a reservation. ;)
normally you need a reservation for this train (at least until the end of 2007). you can ask at the station in Hamburg again. but you will also get a seat in this train without a reservation. if you sit in the train without a reservation, don't panic... if the staff is in good mood, you don't have to pay anything, if not, you simply pay the supplement to the same price like at the station in Hamburg. :)
I will check it as well during the next two weeks, what's now necessary and what not... :)
have fun on the rest of your tour and all the best,
Peter
:)

Userpic

dmirstek
Traveller
21 comments

replied 15 years ago

There is no info about possibility of making reservation on EC 31... I will check it - tommorow morning I am starting my interrail trip...