Does Interrail starts from first day of use or of purchase ?
northernsole @ 08-08-2008 14:47
hello...just a few quick questions.
1. does your interrail ticket start from when you take your first train journey or from when its first purchased?
2. i will have a one month first class ticket - is it important to book in advance, if so how do i book in advance?
3. i will be starting my journey in amsterdam going to berlin on november 12th, when should i buy my ticket?
4. what websites are the best for train timetables/extra costs etc....?
Thankyou in advance.
Pete @ 11-08-2008 09:53
hej ... here are the answers !! 🙂
1) when purchasing the ticket you have to tell the date when the ticket will start (just fill in the date). you can buy your ticket up to 3 months in advance of your first travel day ... to get original interrail tickets, buy them at https://rail.shop/interrail ... the will arrive by fast and secure mail !! 🙂
2) on some trains you need supplements: https://rail.cc/en/interrail-train-reservation ... with a 1st class ticket you won't have any problems buying supplements or reservations at the day you start, at the station your train leaves. also: if only a reservation is possible but not needed, you won't really need to buy it - as in the 1st class, you will always get a seat !! 🙂
3) buy your ticket 3 weeks in advance... at the last week of October ... so you have enough time, if the postman has a bad day or if (only as an example) you fill in the wrong date when purchasing the ticket to get it replaced with your right data...
4) the supplements are listed here on the forum and at https://rail.cc/en/interrail-train-reservation.
for supplements of the night trains, have a look at the country topics here at the forum . most European night trains are listed there with their supplements. as you won't find them at other websites ... you will always have to ask at stations for them as the are special !!
for simple train schedules: https://rail.cc/en/search-interrail-route
I hope this will help you !! have a lot of fun on your tour and all the best, Peter 🙂
northernsole @ 12-08-2008 18:57
thanks alot peter, much appreciated.
Please login to write a message.