Userpic

niceguy
Traveller
0 comments

Posted 15 years ago

Hi,

A moral question:

My girlfriend just bought an global pass. She is 26 and therefore NOT eligible for the youth price. Still the staff at the station sold her the ticket for the price of a youth - with her real date of birth on it, as well as all other information filled in correctly.

What do you do? Will she get in trouble with a conductor somewhere, because she is not a youth? Anyone has experiences like this?

Follow this topic
Userpic

Peter
Traveller
9330 comments

replied 15 years ago

hej hej ...
bad news for you !! :(
she will get in trouble during the tour if the staff in the trains will check the ticket well and remark it - as then she is travelling on an invalid ticket !!
the ticket will be take and the money will not be refunded. and if she has bad luck, she even has to pay a penalty.
so go back to the station and change the ticket there - you have to do it before the first day it is valid !! otherwise it isn't possible any more.

that's one of the reasons why I always say: [b]buy the ticket online at [ux]https://rail.shop/interrail[/ux] !!![/b] :!:
I heard already this year sooo much strange stories of persons who bought the ticket at an office or station ... :o

good luck ... Peter :)