Dali trainhotel - gender rules

roby @ 18-07-2008 01:17

Hello, my girlfriend and I were planning to get the Salvador Dali sleeper train from Milan to Barcelona, ideally in the cheapest cabin, tourist class. However, after doing a little reading it seems that unless you book the whole couchette you have to bunk with people of your own gender. Is this the rule on the trainhotel? Thanks.

Pete @ 18-07-2008 08:31

hej ...

you are talking about this connection (just for the others to know where we are talking about): https://rail.cc/en/train/barcelona-to-milan

when buying the reservation for your couchette, they will ask if you want to sleep in a mixed compartment or if the women want to have a own only women compartment. so you all can decide !! 🙂

roby @ 18-07-2008 12:20

Thanks for clearing that up! Also, I saw on their website you can get 35% off for booking as a couple - do you know if this still applies even to the interrail supplement? Thanks again.

Pete @ 18-07-2008 12:26

no... the 35% are only on their normal tickets, not for already discounted interrail reservations!! 🙂

roby @ 18-07-2008 19:25

ok thanks! Do you know why when I book reservations on railpass.com it asks the gender of the ticketholders? Does this mean we might be split up in different couchettes?

Pete @ 19-07-2008 10:16

normally you won't get split up, as for the only women compartment you have to tell it extra. it is everywhere like this in Europe. 🙂
only for the case that you are split up, you can always ask the staff for changing it on board !!! they have a good service there !! but it won't happen like this !! 🙂

Please login to write a message.

about railcc: We are real travellers and offer honest and well-grounded tips and tricks for your train journey.

rail.cc is partner and friend of
Deutsche Bahn Logo
Interrail Logo
Eurail Logo
Omio Logo
Trainline Logo
ACPRail Logo
NS Logo
SNCB Logo
Booking.com Logo
China Highlights Logo
12GoAsia Logo
Flixtrain Logo
Inlandsbanan Logo
Nightjet Logo
SJ Logo
RealRussia Logo
Kiwi.com Logo
Airbnb Logo
DJI Logo
Rentalcars Logo

COOKIES: by use of the railcc website, you agree to the use of cookies in accordance with our privacy policy. For further information about the use and management of our cookies, we ask you to accept our cookies policy.