Connection Barcelona to Rome

crush @ 07-02-2008 16:27

Hello. I'm from Portugal and I'm new here. Sorry if my english is not the best.

Me a few friends want to do an InterRail trip, starting in Lisbon and we want to go to Santiago de Compostela, Barcelona and Rome. The connections between Lisbon and Santiago and Santiago and Barcelona, we could find in internet. But we didn't find how to connect, in the fastest way, Barcelona and Rome. We don't know how long and what trains we have to catch. I hope you can helps us. Thanks 🙂

admin @ 08-02-2008 00:26

You might be best to take an overnight from Bacelona to Nice and then an overnight from Nice to Roma. I've done the Nice to Roma overnight and it has small compartments with six seats which fold out into beds. This means that you can lie down to sleep without paying for a couchette. Nice is also a good place for a day or stopover as it has lots of shops and eating places plus a very long beach.

Have a great trip.

iaink

Dreamer @ 12-02-2008 11:33

Hello !! Olá !! :P

This summer, I’m planning to do the same connection as well. So, from Rome to Barcelona, the fastest way I found is firstly taken a EuroStar Italia train (from Roma Termini to Torino Porta Susa – ES 9494), and then catch a EuroNight train to Barcelona Estacion de França (EN 11274). The trip is about 18h… The shortest I found. My doubt is if the supplements and the compulsory reservations of these trains are too expensive than other trains (to do the same route…). Does anyone know something about that? 😐

Thanks!

Pete @ 12-02-2008 12:12

hej ...

the supplements are:
EuroStar Italia: 15 EUR
EN / couchette (6 beds compartment): about 20 EUR

🙂

Please login to write a message.

about railcc: We are real travellers and offer honest and well-grounded tips and tricks for your train journey.

rail.cc is partner and friend of
Deutsche Bahn Logo
Interrail Logo
Eurail Logo
Omio Logo
Trainline Logo
ACPRail Logo
NS Logo
SNCB Logo
Booking.com Logo
China Highlights Logo
12GoAsia Logo
Flixtrain Logo
Inlandsbanan Logo
Nightjet Logo
SJ Logo
RealRussia Logo
Kiwi.com Logo
Airbnb Logo
DJI Logo
Rentalcars Logo

COOKIES: by use of the railcc website, you agree to the use of cookies in accordance with our privacy policy. For further information about the use and management of our cookies, we ask you to accept our cookies policy.