Userpic

flagpolecorner
Traveller
1 comments

Posted 15 years ago

Hi would appreciate if someone clarified a couple of points for me.

I'm leaving for europe quite lastminute now (tuesday!) and due to the bank holiday in the UK on monday cannot buy my interrail ticket here. I was advised by raixxxto goto my first destination (Prague) and by it from there - is it correct that I can do that if I just show my passport? I am assuming staff at H.n station in Prague will speak adequate english for this to be hassle free?

Also, i'll be buying the 5 in 10 pass and intend to do this route...

27th aug night leav Prague
Spend 28th, 29th Krakow and leave 30th night
Spend 31st and 1st in Bratislava
Leave for and spend 2nd, 3rd in Vienna and leave on 4th sept night
and arrive on 5th morning Venice

A couple of points..

Leaving prague on a night train on my first day the ticket is valid so that will count as 2 days travel right?

And this may sound stupid but it's 10 days inclusive right? So my 10 days of permitted travel are the 27th August to 5th august inclusive? As in I can travel and arrive in Venice on the 5th of september making that my 5th day of travel?

Finally is it possible to book night train reservations from any major european city station or only from the departure point? i.e. can I buy the reservation for Vienna - Venice at Krakow for example or only at Vienna?

Sorry for what may seem like silly questions! Suppose I shouldnt be doing last minute planning at 2.30 in the morning! Thanks

Follow this topic
Userpic

flagpolecorner
Traveller
1 comments

replied 15 years ago

And since i've put this post here might as well also ask something else. I know almost everyone takes backpacks with them but since I'm only gone for 2 weeks I'm considering just taking a holdall/sports bag type thing to carry on my shoulder. I usually pack light and it'll hold all my stuff along with the fact that we'll be staying in hostels (already booked) along the way so won't need to wander round that much. I figure I look like less of a tourist that way also. Would anyone strongly advise against this? Thanks