Can I buy Interrail global pass in another country ?
simÖn @ 20-03-2008 20:10
Hello. I'm going to walk to Spain. I'm looking for cheap ways to go back home to Germany. Now I found the Interrail global pass. I think it'll be a good solution. I've no idea how many days my walk will take. so it's very difficult to plan the starting date of the ticket.
I've some experience with the old interrail ticket (2zones-21 days).
My questions are:
1. Can I buy the ticket in Spain? or is it possible to buy it in the internet and print it?
2. Can I buy the ticket for example in may 22 and start on the same day with my travel?
3. May I have to buy the same reservation- and extra costs for trains like with the other ticket?
4. What is the situation if I took a German ICE from Paris to Munich. Have a pay 25% of the normal price?
Is it right that I can take the train for 4 days, than 5 days relaxing without travelling and after it I've one driving day less?!
Thanks for your answer.
admin @ 22-03-2008 19:26
Walking to Spain sounds tiring!
Here are some answers that I hope will be helpful.
1. You can buy the new global pass in all countries which participate in Interrail. You can buy it on the internet but you cannot print it yourself. Nice idea but forgeries would be a problem. Delivery is free when ordering by standard service here on railcc. And you support this great project.
2. You can have the pass begin the same day if you buy it in a travel shop or, if you buy on the internet you say what date you want the pass to start.
3. Yes, reservations will cost the same: usually only a few Euros per journey. Yes, supplements for the fast and luxurious trains just like the old ticket.
4. The fast, intercity type, trains will require payment of a supplement but I don't know how much for Paris to Munchen. The nacht zug will probably be a cheaper option:
A 10 days in 22 day pass means that you can use those days exactly as you wish to. And the pass ends after 22 days. I hope this is helpful to you.
Have an excellent Interrail trip...and walk.
simÖn @ 24-03-2008 20:49
It's sounds better than a fly 😉
thanks for the moment.
Please login to write a message.