Userpic

julitschka
Traveller
2 comments

Posted 15 years ago

Hello!
Can I buy my ticket in another country than starting my jouney?
In my case I would like to my my ticket in Germay because I am German but starting my interail trip in Paris, France to go to Spain.
Is that possible? Or do I have to pay the train tickets in France extra as I start my journey there?
Thanks fo your help!
Jule

Follow this topic
Userpic

Emy
Traveller
7 comments

replied 15 years ago

You can have your ticket delivered in any country you want. You don't get to travel for free in your residence country (the won in which you stayed for the last 6 months), in your case Germany. You can use the pass in the rest of Europe. In France you may have to pay some extra fees for supplements or seat reservation, depending of the type of train you're using.

Userpic

Peter
Traveller
9331 comments

replied 15 years ago

like Emy said ... the best is to buy it online via [ux]https://rail.shop/interrail[/ux] ... there you get an original ticket delivered by secure mail. :)
and as you do not travel for free (you only get a 50% discount for your country of residence = Germany), you have to reach the French border (or an other country which is closer to your home). from there you travel for free (except supplements for high speed trains and night trains - listed on https://rail.cc/en/search-interrail-route ).
to rech the French border, have a look on the Schönes Wochened Ticket or the Länder Tickets from the Deutsch Bahn. especially if you are not alone, it is worth. otherwise they have sometimes the Super Spar Preis for 29 EUR from A to B in Germany or the Auslands Spar Preis where you get fro 19 or 29 EUR a ticket from Germany to a neighbour country.
this offers are limited. but if you know the exact date you are travelling, then it is okay !!
have fun - viel Spaß, Peter :)

Userpic

julitschka
Traveller
2 comments

replied 15 years ago

Thank you vey much fo your quick answers and usefull hints!
So there is no problem if I buy the ticket online and start my interrail trip in France because I want to spend a week in Paris before going to Spain!? Or do my 5 days of tavel within 10 days start in Germany?

Userpic

Peter
Traveller
9331 comments

replied 15 years ago

you can start and end wherever you want... in France, in Spain, in Turkey ..... :)
most of the InterRailers first travel/fly to a city, stay there for some days and then start interrailing.
the same for the end of the tour ... for example ending somewhere at the beaches of Southern-France and stay there some more days before returning home by a normal ticket or a cheap flight. :)
no problems for you to buy your ticket online and then start in Paris !! :)

Userpic

julitschka
Traveller
2 comments

replied 15 years ago

Super! That sounds good!
Thank you very much for your help.