Bus travel in Northern Scandinavia

Emma @ 11-09-2007 14:25

Heya - I am thinking of going up to Northern Scandinavia/Lapland next year, but I see that there are no trains going up at that point. I was just wondering if there were any bus companies there that are free, or have a discount, to someone with an Interrail pass? I will probably have a global pass.

Pete @ 05-12-2007 09:31

hi Emma...

as much as I know there are NO reductions on buses in Northern Scandinavia ... the only FREE bus connection is between Sweden and Finland because there is no more train connection available.

Länstrafiken (Norrbotten): Boden - Lulea - Haparanda
Veljekset Salmela: Haparanda - Tornia/Kemi

You will catch a bus when arriving by train, just in front of the stations.

For other bus connections use the websites listed here. There are discounts for students.

www.nor-way.no / Nor-Way Busseskspress

www.ffr.no / Veolia FFR

www.eskelisen-lapinlinjat.com / Lapin Linjat

Peter
🙂

Emma @ 11-12-2007 16:20

Thanks! What kind of info will I have to provide to show I am a student?

Pete @ 11-12-2007 18:25

hi... 🙂
have a look on this card: International Student Identity Card (ISIC) ... sometimes you can find an office at your university or search online at google... 🙂
have a nice evening,
Peter
🙂

Please login to write a message.

about railcc: We are real travellers and offer honest and well-grounded tips and tricks for your train journey.

rail.cc is partner and friend of
Deutsche Bahn Logo
Interrail Logo
Eurail Logo
Omio Logo
Trainline Logo
ACPRail Logo
NS Logo
SNCB Logo
Booking.com Logo
China Highlights Logo
12GoAsia Logo
Flixtrain Logo
Inlandsbanan Logo
Nightjet Logo
SJ Logo
RealRussia Logo
Kiwi.com Logo
Airbnb Logo
DJI Logo
Rentalcars Logo

COOKIES: by use of the railcc website, you agree to the use of cookies in accordance with our privacy policy. For further information about the use and management of our cookies, we ask you to accept our cookies policy.