Userpic

gbouchier
Traveller
1 comments

Posted 4 years ago

Hello,
We are planning our summer holidays to Berlin and Poland in July 2020.
When I try to book train tickets for Berlin-Warsaw on July 6th 2020, a message appears: 'Travel date is more than 180 days in the future'. However, July 6th is only 145 days in the future. When I try end of June, the same message appears. When will I be able to book tickets for July 6th?

Thank you in advance for the help!

Follow this topic
Userpic

nltrainer
Traveller
1336 comments

replied 4 years ago

Later.
Trains are not planes and esp. for and in PL there are often minor changes to the times and tickets wont be on sale till these final details have been finished. Thus for purely domestic trains there the term is just 30, sometimes 45 days and even that is sometimes not even maintained. Many unexperienced people seem to have totally unnecessary fears about trains ´being sold out´-its nonsense.
Its usually best to book on the site of eihter real traincomp. bahn.de or pkp-intercity.pl. On bahn think you can set a request that they mail you when bookings get opened. Also: you can on bahn also make tickets starting from further out in DE if thats needed-not just this train. Tickets SOLD in PL to WAW also allow you to use the local citytram/metro for 2 hrs after arrival, but I dont know if thats also the case for INTernational.

Userpic

gbouchier
Traveller
1 comments

replied 4 years ago

Thanks for the clarification. You're right, totally unnecessary fears ;) Just want to get it out of the way and make sure I don't forget. I will check if I can set that request on bahn.