Bikes in Swedish Trains

steffi @ 01-03-2009 21:44

Hi!

Me and my boyfriend are planning a trip to Sweden and Norway in summer. Does anybody know, if we can carry our bikes by train through these countries and what it costs? Other websites tell different opinions about this fact.

Best wishes,

Steffi from Germany

Pete @ 02-03-2009 08:28

hi Steffi...
as much as I know, you can take your bike with you in Southern Sweden... if you want to travel to the North, you have to send it by some kind of postal service.
I always had a folding bike with me... it was small and I put it in most cases folded under my seat. or could place it somewhere else in the car as it was in a bag.
read also here for more details: www.sj.se
have fun, Peter 🙂

frolliec @ 31-08-2009 06:50

Due to the terms of SJ, a bike is not allowed but... Of course there is many ways to cheat them. A bike is only counted as a bike if it´s rideable so most of my friends just bring their bike and take of the wheels. The staff on the train can though neglect you to get onboard if your baggage takes up to much space, but that doesn´t happen very often.

Pete @ 31-08-2009 08:51

thanks a lot for this information!! Peter 🙂

Please login to write a message.

about railcc: We are real travellers and offer honest and well-grounded tips and tricks for your train journey.

rail.cc is partner and friend of
Deutsche Bahn Logo
Interrail Logo
Eurail Logo
Omio Logo
Trainline Logo
ACPRail Logo
NS Logo
SNCB Logo
Booking.com Logo
China Highlights Logo
12GoAsia Logo
Flixtrain Logo
Inlandsbanan Logo
Nightjet Logo
SJ Logo
RealRussia Logo
Kiwi.com Logo
Airbnb Logo
DJI Logo
Rentalcars Logo

COOKIES: by use of the railcc website, you agree to the use of cookies in accordance with our privacy policy. For further information about the use and management of our cookies, we ask you to accept our cookies policy.