Userpic

FabianMooibroek
Traveller
0 comments

Posted 5 years ago

Hello, i\'m going interrailing this summer in italy, croatia and slovenia and I\'m really excited. Me and my friend want To stay in hostels for 30% and camp in a tent for The rest of The time. Do you Guy\'s have experience in sleeping in a tent while backpacking? Are there any recommendations for a lightweight and easy To Carry tent?
Side notes- we are both pretty tall(195cm), Both have The osprey farpoint 55 L.
Cheers!

Follow this topic
Userpic

Flo
Traveller
10723 comments

replied 5 years ago

Hi Fabian, welcome to railcc!

I used to carry a tent on most of my "early" Interrail tours, where I tried to keep expenses to a minimum...
Started with a no name tent bought at a discounter, then travelled with a Vaude Campo 3 (or a similar older model) which was really great since not too expensive, reasonably light (not super light but I would have issues taking a ~800€ super leightweight trekking tent on an Interrail trip) and easy and fast to set up and pack.
If you take turns carrying the tent it is no problem to carry such a tent on a longer trip; I would just recommend to regularly use the tent (and not just take it with you because you need it for one or two nights only).
Regarding a specific brand or type of tent I dont have too much experience - I always liked the Vaude tents (once borrowed a more expensive one for a trip), also because they seem to care about the environment as well as people working for them.

Flo