Belgrade-Bar with a cat?

HughManitee @ 30-03-2018 17:44

Hi!

Great site; thanks for all the info here.

I am considering taking the famous Belgrade-Bar train but I am wondering if it is possible to travel with my cat. I have found information hard to come by and would appreciate any advice. (I would also love to know the situation for the Belgrade-Skopje route should anyone know).

Thanks again

Peter.Freisberg @ 31-03-2018 18:30

Hello and welcome to rail.cc
And thank you! 🙂
I personally only know from Western-Europe that cats in small cages are handled like normal luggage. Nothing to pay extra.
This should be also the case in Eastern Europe - as local people load a lot more baggage in trains from my personal experience and no one will take care about a cat. If there are special rules concerning border crossings with pets, I don't know.
Sorry I can't tell you more. Maybe someone else has more experience!?
Pete 🙂

Flo @ 31-03-2018 19:30

Hi!

No problem as long as you have some kind of box/basket/bag to put the cat into. No extra ticket needed, it is considered as hand luggage, as Pete wrote. This applies for both routes.
Enjoy the nice route! 🙂

Flo

Please login to write a message.

about railcc: We are real travellers and offer honest and well-grounded tips and tricks for your train journey.

rail.cc is partner and friend of
Deutsche Bahn Logo
Interrail Logo
Eurail Logo
Omio Logo
Trainline Logo
ACPRail Logo
NS Logo
SNCB Logo
Booking.com Logo
China Highlights Logo
12GoAsia Logo
Flixtrain Logo
Inlandsbanan Logo
Nightjet Logo
SJ Logo
RealRussia Logo
Kiwi.com Logo
Airbnb Logo
DJI Logo
Rentalcars Logo

Cookies: we use cookies for the functionality of rail.cc and statistics - and take care of your personal privacy! There are other companies (Google, Yandex) which tools we have to use, which also place cookies. By the use of rail.cc you agree to the use of cookies in accordance with our privacy policy. For further information about the use and management of our cookies, we ask you to accept our cookies policy. If you can not accept, you have to leave rail.cc.