barkerjam @ 01-01-2009 18:00

hey,

just wondering if anyone has any experiences of the balkan express, from wither budapest/belgrade - istanbul? any info greatly welcomed!!! thanks

baobab @ 01-01-2009 19:41

hey,

just wondering if anyone has any experiences of the balkan express, from wither budapest/belgrade - istanbul? any info greatly welcomed!!! thanks

there is a train Budapest - Novi Sad - Belgrade - Skopje - Thessaloniki
i have used it 4-5 times and its a typical balkan train a little bit old with not so many comforts but cheap 🙂
for Balkan trains i suggest you to use Balkan Flexi Pass which is cheaper than interrail and you can use it in Turkey Greece Bulgaria Romania Serbia FYROMacedonia

with Balkan Flexi Pass i think you can just pop in the train and you don;t have to pay anything for a six people cabin and if you want bed you can have one for about 20 euros i think.

SiDUDe @ 01-01-2009 20:02

ive done the train belgrade-sofia-istanbul, i think ive written about my experience before somewhere on here, but I cant be bothered to look for it, im soo tired!

Anyway, the point is you can get a 3 person sleeper for not too much and that it is very comfortable. Just dont expect to arrive on time!

Please login to write a message.

about railcc: We are real travellers and offer honest and well-grounded tips and tricks for your train journey.

rail.cc is partner and friend of
Deutsche Bahn Logo
Interrail Logo
Eurail Logo
Omio Logo
Trainline Logo
ACPRail Logo
NS Logo
SNCB Logo
Booking.com Logo
China Highlights Logo
12GoAsia Logo
Flixtrain Logo
Inlandsbanan Logo
Nightjet Logo
SJ Logo
RealRussia Logo
Kiwi.com Logo
Airbnb Logo
DJI Logo
Rentalcars Logo

COOKIES: by use of the railcc website, you agree to the use of cookies in accordance with our privacy policy. For further information about the use and management of our cookies, we ask you to accept our cookies policy.