Userpic

barkerjam
Traveller
8 comments

Posted 15 years ago

hey,

just wondering if anyone has any experiences of the balkan express, from wither budapest/belgrade - istanbul? any info greatly welcomed!!! thanks

Follow this topic
Userpic

baobab
Traveller
128 comments

replied 15 years ago

[quote]hey,

just wondering if anyone has any experiences of the balkan express, from wither budapest/belgrade - istanbul? any info greatly welcomed!!! thanks[/quote]

there is a train Budapest - Novi Sad - Belgrade - Skopje - Thessaloniki
i have used it 4-5 times and its a typical balkan train a little bit old with not so many comforts but cheap :)
for Balkan trains i suggest you to use Balkan Flexi Pass which is cheaper than interrail and you can use it in Turkey Greece Bulgaria Romania Serbia FYROMacedonia

with Balkan Flexi Pass i think you can just pop in the train and you don;t have to pay anything for a six people cabin and if you want bed you can have one for about 20 euros i think.

Userpic

SiDUDe
Traveller
752 comments

replied 15 years ago

ive done the train belgrade-sofia-istanbul, i think ive written about my experience before somewhere on here, but I cant be bothered to look for it, im soo tired!

Anyway, the point is you can get a 3 person sleeper for not too much and that it is very comfortable. Just dont expect to arrive on time!