Userpic

konstantine
Traveller
6 comments

Posted 15 years ago

Hi there!!

Me and my mates are planning a trip to Lithuania and I'm trying to find a line connection between these 2 cities.Could anyone help me? I've tried the city2city project but it does not connect them. Could you give me info about the local Railways?

Many thanks.

Follow this topic
Userpic

Peter
Traveller
9331 comments

replied 15 years ago

hi Konstantine... :)

have a look on this topic:
[u]https://rail.cc/en/search-interrail-route[/u]

there you will find a good connection... but be sure, it will take about 3 days of train travel !!! :)

greetings to Vilnius... I like it there !!! :)
Peter

Userpic

konstantine
Traveller
6 comments

replied 15 years ago

Thanks for yr help!
How is traveling for so many hours anyway? I have no experience in such trips. I guess a book is necessary (when tired of chating :) )
Are there trains in a regular base during the day or we have to stay in the place we change trains?

Userpic

Peter
Traveller
9331 comments

replied 15 years ago

often you have a little bit of time when changing the trains to go in a supermarket at the station to buy new beer or food... ;)
but it won't be cheap...
better to take three bottles of wine with you and some food !! :)
and a book of course or even two and try to sit beside of other travellers... always nice to talk and to share experiences about good locations worth to visit !!! :)

Userpic

konstantine
Traveller
6 comments

replied 15 years ago

Thanks again

These might be usefull 8) .I've also contacted a friend in -tagged- from Lithuania to give some info about the place. Ok if there is anything more I or my friends want to ask ,you'll be reading from me again.I hope y don't bother.

Blessings.
Konstantine