Are trains often full ?

Xavier @ 22-07-2008 16:24

Hello,

I'm going for a trip around eastern Europe in August, and I'm worried that I'll have some trouble to make reservations on night trains a short time in advance.

I heard there was a limited number of places for InterRail users, and August is probably the peek season.

Do you think it's ok to reserve a couchette in a night train between capital cities on the departure day, or is it to risky that it's going to be full ? Or would booking the day before be ok ?

Thanks for your help !

Pete @ 22-07-2008 16:31

hej ... 🙂
if you want a couchette place, better to do it one day before - or even two in the month of August. So you still have time to find an alternative way if you can not get a place in the night-train.
an other possibility is if you want to do it on the risky way: just go to the night-train and ask directly the staff if they still have a free seat/couchette ... 🙂
but I don't really recommend it for August - only as a last soloution. 😉
all the best, Peter 🙂

Xavier @ 22-07-2008 16:57

Thank you for your quick answer, Peter.

I will do my best to book the tickets a couple of days in advance !

Please login to write a message.

about railcc: We are real travellers and offer honest and well-grounded tips and tricks for your train journey.

rail.cc is partner and friend of
Deutsche Bahn Logo
Interrail Logo
Eurail Logo
Omio Logo
Trainline Logo
ACPRail Logo
NS Logo
SNCB Logo
Booking.com Logo
China Highlights Logo
12GoAsia Logo
Flixtrain Logo
Inlandsbanan Logo
Nightjet Logo
SJ Logo
RealRussia Logo
Kiwi.com Logo
Airbnb Logo
DJI Logo
Rentalcars Logo

COOKIES: by use of the railcc website, you agree to the use of cookies in accordance with our privacy policy. For further information about the use and management of our cookies, we ask you to accept our cookies policy.