Userpic

anonymous
Traveller
2467 comments

Posted 16 years ago

Hi :D

First time interrailing, and it's in the VERY early stages of planning. I was just wondering if our route is doable in 22 days. We would obviously like to do a bit of sightseeing and try not spend TOO long on trains.

Paris-Zurich-Munich/Innsbruck(these two are interchangable)-Sarajevo-Montenegro?-Athens-Istanbul

Ok, a few notes
*I noticed Montenegro is listed but no cities, so has anybody any experience of travelling here?
Also, Athens and Istanbul is pretty much either one or the other if time does not permit both.

Thanks for all/any help!
:D

Follow this topic
Userpic

admin
Traveller
203 comments

replied 16 years ago

Hi there,

Your plans look pretty good. Nice to see someone not trying to visit 17 places in 22 days! Your route looks like it joins up quite nicely. I recommend taking overnight trains where possible so that you can sightsee rather than sit on trains. Munich and Innsbruck to Belgrade are both ovenights but I don't know about a connection to Sarajevo.

Belgrade down to Athens is quite long: to Thessaloniki is an overnight and then down to Athens is another night. It might be wise to consider that the political situation is rather volatile in the Balkans at the moment, following Kosovan independence; so best to consult your government's advice to travellers. I'm considering going from Greece to Hungary, via Serbia, this July but will make a decision nearer my departure. Hope this is helpful and bon voyage.

iaink

[quote]Hi :D

First time interrailing, and it's in the VERY early stages of planning. I was just wondering if our route is doable in 22 days. We would obviously like to do a bit of sightseeing and try not spend TOO long on trains.

Paris-Zurich-Munich/Innsbruck(these two are interchangable)-Sarajevo-Montenegro?-Athens-Istanbul

Ok, a few notes
*I noticed Montenegro is listed but no cities, so has anybody any experience of travelling here?
Also, Athens and Istanbul is pretty much either one or the other if time does not permit both.

Thanks for all/any help!
:D[/quote]