Osobní Vlak (Os)
Eurail train reservations
České dráhy (ČD)
Eurail and Osobní Vlak (Os). How to buy a reservation or can I travel for free. Train information, photos and videos.
Osobni vlak are stopping trains running on the whole railway network in Czech Republic. They usually call at all stations and provide a basic service for small towns and villages, connecting them to larger cities and stations.
These regional trains consist of a large variety of rolling stock, ranging from small diesel railcars to modern low-floor EMU and double-deck trains. Recently, many trains have been refurbished or are brand-new, with air-condition, facilites for the disabled and even WiFi. Most trains are 2nd class only, however on some services 1st class is available as well. The most common train types are:
- CityElefant (class 471): double deck EMU, in operation on suburban ("Esko") trains around Prague and in Ostrava; 2nd and 1st class; air-condition; power plugs in 1st class only; bicycle transport; facilities for the disabled
- RegioPanter (class 440/640/650); single deck EMU, in operation around Usti nad Labem, Ceske Budejovice and Olomouc; 2nd and 1st class; air-condition; power plugs; Wifi; bicycle transport; facilities for the disabled
- RegioSpider (class 840); single deck DMU, in operation around Liberec and Jihlava; 2nd class only; air-condition; power plugs; Wifi; bicycle transport; facilities for the disabled
- RegioShark (class 844); single deck DMU, in operation around Karlovy Vary, Plzen, Usti nad Labem, Zlin and Pardubice; 2nd and 1st class; air-condition; power plugs; Wifi; bicycle transport; facilities for the disabled
- Regionova (class 814); single deck DMU, refurbished class 810, in operation on secondary lines all around Czech Republic; 2nd class; bicycle transport; facilities for the disabled
- variety of regular coaches or railcars, most of them refurbished. Bicycle transport possible on most trains; power plugs, air-condition, facilites for the disabled only on some modernised coaches
No seat reservation possible.
Buy your official Eurail pass via the rail.cc/eurail.com partner link. Get a free PLUS account on rail.cc. With your purchase you support all the free information on rail.cc. Thank you!
Do you have further questions and need assistance? Do not hesitate to ask in our friendly forum where you always get detailed help.
Eurail in Czech Republic
How to travel by Eurail in the Czech Republic. Overview and information to travel routes, Czech train types, night trains and Eurail reservations.
about railcc: We are real travellers and offer honest and well-grounded tips and tricks for your train journey.