Eurail train reservations
Société Nationale des Chemins de fer Belges (SNCB)
Eurail and InterCity (IC). How to buy a reservation or can I travel for free. Train information, photos and videos.
Intercity trains are the backbone of Belgian domestic rail travel. A dense network of Intercity lines connects all important cities of the country. Each line usually is operated hourly, with overlapping lines creating a more frequent interval on most lines.
Intercity trains are operated with a number of different trainsets. Travel times and distances are rather short. The have 2nd and 1st class seats in open-plan arrangement. Many trains used on Intercity services can also be found on Local trains, both train types being separated only by their stopping pattern. The most common train types you will find are:
- AM 96: three coach EMU with a flat, rubber front, allowing to get from one EMU to another when coupled together, air-condition, equipped for passengers with reduced mobility, bicycle compartment
- I11: regular single-deck carriages, mainly used on the east-west axis from Liège via Bruxells, Gent and Brugge to Oostende, air-condition, equipped for passengers with reduced mobility, bicycle compartment
- M6: double-deck coaches, low-floor, air-condition, equipped for passengers with reduced mobility, bicycle compartment
- AM08: modern EMU, low-floor, air-condition, equipped for passengers with reduced mobility, bicycle compartment
- AM80: older EMU, no air-condition, not equipped for passengers with reduced mobility, bicycle compartment
Seat reservation is not possible.
Liège - Leuven - Bruxelles - Gent - Brugge - Oostende | Antwerpen - Gent - Lille | Bruxelles - Namur - Luxembourg | Liège - Charleroi - Mons - Tournai
Buy your official Eurail pass via the rail.cc/eurail.com partner link. Get a free PLUS account on rail.cc. With your purchase you support all the free information on rail.cc. Thank you!
Do you have further questions and need assistance? Do not hesitate to ask in our friendly forum where you always get detailed help.
Eurail in Belgium
How to travel by Eurail in Belgium. Overview and information to travel routes, Belgian train types, night trains and Eurail reservations.
about railcc: We are real travellers and offer honest and well-grounded tips and tricks for your train journey.