Eurail train reservations
České dráhy (ČD)
Eurail and EuroCity (EC). How to buy a reservation or can I travel for free. Train information, photos and videos.
Buy your reservation online (e-ticket) in the webshop of Czech Railways. Select the option "supplementary services, reservation".
Buy the reservation at a railway station. Reservations are usually available at stations in all countries where a particular train runs through. In many countries, especially in central and eastern Europe you can also buy reservations for trains in other countries. In some countries (for instance in the Netherlands or Spain) you have to pay a service fee at the ticket counter.
EuroCity trains are international express trains operating from Czech Republic to Germany, Poland, Slovakia, Hungary and Austria. Depending on the route, carriages from different railway companies are in use. You will find coaches of CD (Czech Railways) on most EC trains to Germany, Poland, Slovakia and Hungary, while some EC trains consist of coaches of other railway companies (usually MAV - Hungarian Railways or PKPIC - Polish Railways).
- 1st and 2nd class seats on all trains
- In 2nd class, mosts carriages have four seats per row (2+2 seats) in open-plan arrangement with seats both in rows as well as facing each other with large tables in between. Some cars also have compartments with six seats.
-In 1st class you will usually find seats in open-plan arrangement with three seats per row (2+1 seats), most of them in rows with only a few seats facing each other.
- Air-condition in all trains
- Power sockets in most carriages
- Wifi available on most trains on the Prague - Berlin - Hamburg route/on other routes only in selected coaches/parts of the journey
- All trains convey a restaurant car with a varied menu offering snacks, drinks and several hot dishes.
- Most trains have facilities for the disabled
- Bicycle transport possible on most trains
Seat reservations for journeys within Czech Republic are 35 CZK only. Reservation recommended on peak travel days (weekends, holidays) and if you are travelling in a group (three or more people).
Compulsory reservation for journeys to/from Poland!
Praha - Berlin/Hamburg/Bratislava/Budapest/Warszawa/Krakow/Kosice | Budapest - Warszawa | Wien - Warszawa
reservation possible but not required
2nd class: CZK 83
1st class: CZK 83
Buy your official Eurail pass via the rail.cc/eurail.com partner link. Get a free PLUS account on rail.cc. With your purchase you support all the free information on rail.cc. Thank you!
Do you have further questions and need assistance? Do not hesitate to ask in our friendly forum where you always get detailed help.
Interrail in Czech Republic
How to travel by Interrail in the Czech Republic. Overview and information to travel routes, Czech Republican train types, night trains and Interrail reservations.
about railcc: We are real travellers and offer honest and well-grounded tips and tricks for your train journey.