Eurail train reservations
VR-Yhtymä Oy (VR)
Eurail and Allegro (AE). How to buy a reservation or can I travel for free. Train information, photos and videos.
Allegro are high-speed tilting trains connecting Helsinki with St Peterburg. Thanks to their tilting mechanism they can run faster than conventional trains and offer journey times of just 3h20 between the Finnish capital and Russia's second largest city. Please consider the visa regulations of Russia.
Allegro trains are operated with class Sm6 Pendolino trains.
- 2nd class seats are arranged in rows of four (2+2 seats) in open-plan arrangement with most seats in rows and only some seats facing each other
- 1st class seats are arranged in rows of three (2+1 seats) with a larger seating pitch. Newspapers and a snack are included, and coffee, tea and water are available free of charge
- power sockets
- dedicated compartments for the disabled, families and children as well as for passengers with pets-
- restaurant car where you can get snacks, drinks and hot dishes
- bicycles are not allowed on Allegro services
Helsinki - St Peterburg
Buy your official Eurail pass via the rail.cc/eurail.com partner link. Get a free PLUS account on rail.cc. With your purchase you support all the free information on rail.cc. Thank you!
Do you have further questions and need assistance? Do not hesitate to ask in our friendly forum where you always get detailed help.
Eurail in Finland
How to travel by Eurail in Finland. Overview and information to travel routes, Finnish train types, night trains and Eurail reservations.
about railcc: We are real travellers and offer honest and well-grounded tips and tricks for your train journey.