A small number of express trains in Croatia is called Intercity. There is one train from Rijeka via Zagreb to Budapest, another Zagreb - Budapest train and one train from Zagreb to Osijek. They are similar to Brzi (express) trains, providing fast journey times and comfortable coaches.
Intercity trains consist of refurbished coaches.
- all trains convey 2nd and 1st class
- compartments as well as open-plan arrangements
- power sockets in most coaches
- bicycle storage on most trains
- trains are not equipped for passengers with reduced mobility
Seat reservation is compulsory on the train from Zagreb to Osijek. On the Rijeka - Zagreb - Budapest route no reservation is needed.
Zagreb - Osijek | Zagreb - Budapest | Zagreb - Rijeka