Altaria is the designation for RENFE long distance trains operating on both the conventional broad gauge (1668mm) as well as the high speed normal gauge (1435mm) lines, using rolling stock with the ability of changing between gauges while driving. Altaria trains usually run part of the route on non-electrified lines and are operated with comfortable Talgo rolling stock.
- 2nd (Turista) and 1st (Preferente) class available
- air-condition, reclining seats that can be turned in direction of travel
- four seats per row in Turista, three seats per row in Preferente; all in open-plan configuration
- audio and video entertainment system
- equipped for passengers with reduced mobility
Madrid - Algeciras/Granada/Cartagena/Murcia