Userpic

BrianFrost
Traveller
0 comments

Posted 7 years ago

I have booked a cabin for a Hamburg to Munich leg of my Interrail trip. This has cost 150 Euros. I will be taking several trains to get to it. If I miss a connection, what options do I have for the unused cabin? Is it lost or can I recover some or all of the cost?
Thanks Brian.

Follow this topic
Userpic

Flo
Traveller
10723 comments

replied 7 years ago

Hi!

How do you want to go to Hamburg before taking the night train?
The compensation rules for Interrail are a bit different than with regular tickets; you get a refund if you have at least three train delays with more than 60 minutes delay each. See [u]https://rail.cc/en/interrail-rules[/u]
Regarding the refund of the reservation it is hard to say - I guess that it will depend on what was the actual cause for you missing the train. In case of an actual delay you should try to get confirmation from the train staff.
From my personal experience: I was travelling with two friends of mine from Amsterdam to Copenhagen during the day; they wanted to continue to Stockholm and had reservations. The train to Copenhagen was delayed and there was no other connection to Stockholm on that day. So they were offered either to take the night train and get new reservations or spend the night at a hotel in Copenhagen (for free) and continue to Stockholm the following morning.

Support our work and buy your Interrail pass via our partner link to interrail.eu: [ux]https://rail.shop/interrail[/ux]

Flo 8)

Userpic

bfrost
Traveller
4 comments

replied 7 years ago

Hi Flo, thanks for your input. I already have tickets and reservations from Narvik through Stockholm (night train) and then Copehagen and Hamburg, so I arrive in Hamburg by train. Because of connections it is possible that I miss my Copenhagen train in Stockholm, or my Hamburg train in Copehagen (I hope not!) So my question is that if this did happen - hopefully unlikely - do I lost all my money on my Hamburg sleeper booking or can I recoup something somehow. Kind Regards, Brian.

Userpic

Flo
Traveller
10723 comments

replied 7 years ago

Hi Brian,

I cant give a definitive answer, sorry. So you are travelling
Narvik - Stockholm on the night train and continue directly to
Stockholm - Copenhagen - Hamburg during the day to catch the
Hamburg - Munich sleeper in the evening of the same day you arrive in Stockholm from Narvik?

When are you travelling?

In case of missing any connection I can only recommend to file a compensation form and see what you will get back.

Flo 8)